the following commands lists all services connected to dbus system and current session bus:
For the systen bus enter
michael@debdevt:~ $ dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus --type=method_call --print-reply /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus.ListNames
and for the current session
Advertisment to support michlstechblog.info
here are a few examples how powerful the UNIX find command is.
Search only for file in your home directory “~”
find ~ -type f
Possible parameters for time searches:
- mmin = Modication time in minute
- mtime = Modication time in days
- cmin = Creation time in minute
- ctime = Creation time in days
- amin = Access time in minute
- atime = Access time in days
in some secure environments only kerberos authentication is allowed to connect to a Windows file share.
This example demonstrate the procedure on how to mount a share on a Debian 7 (Wheezy) Linux. Other distributions should provide a simliar way.
First of all install the necessary pakets.
michael@debdev:~# apt-get install krb5-user krb5-config cifs-utils keyutils
After installing the packages the Kerberos configuration wizard starts.
VMware ESXi offers the ability to redirect USB devices from your Workstation to a VM located on a ESXi Server.
There 3 requirments:
- VM must have at least virtual machine version 7
- A virtual USB Controller must be add to the VM
- VMWare Tools must installed within the virtual machine