in these days powershell modules are often installed from a (NuGet) Repository and not by a Setup program.
In companies may exists computers which does not have an active internet connection.
But how to install the modules on these devices?
Advertisment to support michlstechblog.info
Really short post:-)
To get a offline installation of Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (formerly known as WAIK) download the Websetup ADKSetup.exe and start it – Windows .NET 4 is requiered. If not installed ADKSetup starts the installation – at the first screen you can set the location. When you specify a download path the complete ADK is stored this folder.
Importent: Start adksetup with Administrator permissions, otherwise the option “Download the Assentment…” is invisible.
Share the folder and execute ADKsetup.exe from this location.
a good friend of mine came to me last week because some services of Windows Vista on his notebook did not run as expect. In detail:
- Windows Search service starts but terminates
- EventID 7034: The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s).
Windows search terminates after start
- EventID 7024: The Windows Search service terminated with service-specific error 2147749155 (0x80040D23)
- EventID 1006: The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index. Internal error <4, 0x8004117f
- EventID 9000: The Windows Search Service cannot open the Jet property store.
- Windows Update service starts, but do not work, some errors are logged in C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log
- 45c DtaStor FATAL: Failed to initialize datastore, error = 0xC8000247
- 45c AU FATAL: Failed to get session from datastore, error = 0xC8000247
- 45c AU FATAL: Failed to Unserialize from data store, error = 0xC8000247
- No Windows Update File could installed by double clicking a msu File.
- Cryptocraphic service do not run as expected:
It seems that all services which uses the Window Jet Database engine are affected.
, Rapid store technology